Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Acupuncture for stress

Often my patients will tell me their Family Doctor dismisses acupuncture as a healing tool because there is no research or proof that it helps patients health. I usually tell my patients that the studies are everywhere, especially now with Google, we can access it all so easily. It just that most MDs don't look for them, that's all.
The Wold Health Organization also has a whole web page dedicated to the benefits of Acupuncture.
Here's a study on the benefits of acupuncture for stress. Even though Acupuncturists have treated many patients successfully reducing their stress level and the consequence of it; stress often can cause the following: High Blood Pressure, digestive issues such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Fertility issues...
It's always great to see studies done to re-enforce public's opinion.
I am happy to see it on the web for all of us to read and share.

Acupuncture Reduces Stress, Improves Memory – New Study


If you have any questions about Acupuncture, feel free to call or e-mail me.
Clara Cohen
Port Moody Registered Acupuncturist

No comments: